This is very light and has a lovely sauce at the bottom
150g caster sugar 350g blackberries and 24 for the bottom of the soufflé 1 large cooking apple peeled and finely diced Zest and juice of 1 orange 3 egg whites 300 mls double cream for serving Icing sugar for serving
· Prep 6 ramekins, butter the sides and dust with sugar.
· Cook blackberries, diced apple, zest and juice of orange in pan for 10 minutes until apple
is pulp. Stir in 50 g of caster sugar. Cool.
· Place a spoonful of fruit puree and 4 blackberries into the bottom of 6 ramekins. This can
be set aside until you are ready to serve pudding.
When your ready to eat
· Whisk the egg whites until stiff and then gradually whisk in the sugar until the meringue is
glossy. Fold in the rest of the fruit puree and pour into ramekins.
· Level the tops and run knife around edges of each dish.
· ** this is really important to get a level rise and not a wonky explosion!**
· Place on a hot baking tray at 200C Gas 6 for about 10-15 minutes until lightly brown.
· **Make sure you put them on a hot tray and not a cold tray – it will help with the rise**
· Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.